How do I change dimension in configurations in SOLIDWORKS?
In the graphics area, right-click a dimension and select Configure Dimension. In the Modify Configurations dialog box, edit the value of the dimension for the configurations you want to change.
How do you change multiple dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
To set multiple diimensions to driven:
- In a sketch, select the dimensions.
- Right-click to display the shortcut menu.
- Under Dimension, click Driven.
How do you arrange dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
When you use Auto Arrange Dimensions, the dimensions are placed as follows: Spaced from smallest to largest….To use Auto Arrange Dimensions:
- Box select the dimensions.
- Move the pointer over the dimension palette rollover button to display the dimension palette.
- Click Auto Arrange Dimensions .
How do I set configurations in SOLIDWORKS?
To add and edit configurations:
- Pause the pointer over a part or assembly template to display the configurations option.
- Click .
- Click Add Configuration, type a configuration name, and click OK.
- Click to add instances of a configuration to the assembly.
Can you change dimensions in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you change dimension to MM in Solidworks?
Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment. There is also the units’ popup menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS screen.
Is it possible to edit every dimension on a profile at the same time?
Yes, with help of F3 button, but the option in Tools command must be checked to allow this.
How do I change dimension thickness in Solidworks?
To set line thickness:
- In a drawing, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Line Thickness.
- In the dialog box, under Line thickness print settings, enter a value for the line weights (Thin, Normal, Thick, and five additional line thickness settings).
- Click OK.
How do you make a horizontal dimension in Solidworks?
Creating Horizontal Dimensions
- In an open sketch, click Horizontal Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Horizontal.
- Select the two entities to dimension. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
- Click a location to place the dimension.
Can you Auto dimension in Solidworks?
You can use the Autodimension tool to insert reference dimensions into drawing views as baseline, chain, and ordinate dimensions. The Autodimension tool works similarly in sketches. Specify the following properties to insert reference dimensions into drawing views as baseline, chain, and ordinate dimensions.
How do you save different configurations in Solidworks?
Open a model, right-click a configuration in the ConfigurationManager, and click Save Configurations. In the Save Configurations as a new Assembly/Part dialog box, select a configuration. To select all configurations, click . Click Save Selected.
How do you add dimensions to a design table?
Go to the part tree, click on the sketch and then click on the dimension that needs to be added to the design table. The name of the dimension and the default value will be automatically added. The name of the feature can also be manually entered, but it is much easier to use the part tree.
How to create a new configuration in SolidWorks?
Another method we can use to create configurations is the SOLIDWORKS Configuration Table. We access the Configuration Table by right clicking on a dimension or feature and choosing “Configure Dimension” or “Configure Feature”.
How do I create a new dimension in Revit?
We access the Configuration Table by right clicking on a dimension or feature and choosing “Configure Dimension” or “Configure Feature”. The resulting window that launches allows us to quickly create additional configurations and specify values for this dimension for the new configurations.
How do I vary the spacing and feature dimension in patterns?
Varying the spacing and feature dimension in patterns allows you to create more complex patterns. In the FeatureManager design tree, select Lpattern and click Edit Feature . In the PropertyManager, click Instances to Vary. To add a spacing increment for Direction 1 under Direction 1 Increments, enter a value in Direction 1 Spacing Increment .
What are configurations in part documents?
In part documents, configurations allow you to create families of parts with different dimensions, features, and properties, including custom properties. Simplified versions of the design by suppressing components.