How do I delete thousands of emails in Outlook?
You can delete multiple emails at once when your Outlook inbox or any other Outlook folder is cluttered….To delete non-consecutive emails:
- Press and hold the CTRL button on the keyboard.
- While still holding CTRL, click each message you want to delete.
- When you’re ready, press Delete.
How do I delete old emails in bulk in Outlook?
To select and delete consecutive emails, in the message list, click the first email, press and hold the Shift key, click the last email, and then press the Delete key.
How can I Delete emails from my computer?
Click an email that you wish to delete, then hold down the “Ctrl” key and click additional emails you wish to select. Each email selected will be shaded. Click the “Delete” button, and all selected emails will be deleted.
How do I delete messages from Outlook?
Delete a message
- Select the message and then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
- You can also select a message from the message list or open the message in its own window, then click the Delete button on the Ribbon.
How do I clear my email inbox quickly?
Here are some ideas to get your email inboxes under control again:
- Stop signing up to get MORE emails.
- Stop getting emails from current sources.
- Do a mass delete of messages you’ll never read.
- Use your email provider’s sorting or filtering features.
- Go online for additional help.
How do I clean up Outlook quickly?
In Outlook, choose File> Cleanup Tools > Mailbox Cleanup….Here are some ways to keep your mailbox size under control:
- Archive older items – Move old items you want to keep to an archive.
- Empty the Deleted Items folder – Empty the Deleted Items folder frequently to make sure you aren’t keeping messages you don’t need.
How do I delete old Outlook emails after 2 years?
How To Delete Emails Older Than A Certain Date In Outlook
- Right-click on the Inbox folder and click Properties…
- Click AutoArchive.
- Select Archive this folder using these settings.
- Choose an “older than” time.
- Click Permanently delete old items.
- Click OK.
How do I delete emails from a specific year in Outlook?
To select a range of messages to delete, click the first email, hold Shift, and click the last email in the range you want to select. From there, either right-click and pick Delete or click Delete on the Home tab. Again, if you prefer, you can choose Archive instead of Delete in the shortcut menu or on the Home tab.
How do I clean up thousands of emails?
Watch video above.
- Filter Emails. To get started, log into your Gmail inbox as you’d always do.
- Select all messages. Next, check a little box under the the search bar to select all displayed messages.
- Select all Conversations.
- Delete all Messages.
- Empty Trash.
How do I clear my Outlook Web App mailbox?
How to: Office 365 Clean up Mailbox via Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Step 1: Settings. Go to the OWA Settings by clicking the gear symbol in the top right corner of the screen near your name.
- Step 2: Mail Settings.
- Step 3: Clean up Mailbox.
- Step 4: Delete Messages.
- Step 5: Confirmation.
How do I delete multiple emails in Outlook Web App?
Deleting multiple messages in Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Navigate to the folder you would like to delete the messages from (e.g. Inbox).
- Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
- Right-click on the selected messages and select Delete.
- This will now delete all the highlighted emails at once.
How do I clean out thousands of emails?