How do I factory reset my iPhone 4s without passcode?
Turn off your iPhone and place it in recovery mode. Hold the power button and home button at the same time for about 10 seconds. You should see the Apple logo on the screen, which means you’ve successfully reset your iPhone to factory settings without a password or computer.
How do I erase all content and settings on my iPhone 4s without Apple ID password?
How to Reset iPhone without Apple ID Password via iTunes
- Put your iPhone into Recovery Mode. Open iTunes or Finder on your Mac or Windows, and keep your iPhone connected to the computer, then:
- Restore your iPhone with iTunes.
- iTunes will start to restore your iPhone.
How do you do a factory reset on an iPhone that is locked?
Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple account on the device. Tap Erase iPhone/iPad once again to permanently delete all of your data and settings. When the iOS device restarts, follow the onscreen instructions to set it up again, restore your data and settings from a backup, and set a new passcode.
What is the default passcode for iPhone 4s?
There is not “default password”. Enter the password for YOUR device, the same one you use when unlocking the screen. Then you’re going to have to put it into DFU mode and wipe it.
How do I erase an iPhone 4S?
Advanced iTunes troubleshooting and configuration should be handled by Apple (scroll down to “Product and Technical Support” section).
- From the Home screen, navigate: Settings. General. Reset.
- Tap. Erase All Content and Settings. .
- Tap. Erase iPhone. Allow several minutes for the reset and reboot processes to complete.
Can you reset an iPhone without the password?
If you can’t remember your passcode when you try again, use a computer to put your iPhone in recovery mode. Recovery mode allows you to erase the iPhone, giving you access to set it up again. After you erase your iPhone, you can restore your data and settings from a backup.
Can you factory reset a locked iPhone without a computer?
You can now reset and erase a locked iPhone without needing to connect to a PC. Another little tidbit in iOS 15.2 is that Apple has finally added the ability to erase and reset a locked iPhone or iPad, without first needing to connect it to a PC or Mac.
How do I factory reset my iPhone without a computer?
Part 1. Factory Reset an iPhone Without a Computer via Settings
- Go to the Settings app > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- The process will take a couple of minutes to complete.
- Open Safari or any browsers on any of your device > Enter icloud.com > Log in with your Apple ID and password.