How do I get a startup dialog box in AutoCAD?
If you turn this dialog box off, you can turn it back on by doing the following: Go to the Tools menu pull down and select Options. In the Options window, click on the System tab. Under General options, click on the check box next to Show Startup Dialog.
How do I show the Start menu in AutoCAD?
Within a drawing type STARTMODE on the command line in AutoCAD. Enter 0 (zero) to turn the Start tab off or 1 to switch it on. If switching Startmode back on, AutoCAD will usually require a restart to see the change.
How do I restore a dialog box in AutoCAD?
Select “Options” under the AutoCAD Icon, or type “OPTIONS” at the command prompt. In the Options dialog box, click the System tab. Under General Options, select the “Hidden Messages Settings” button. Check all of the hidden messages you would like to re-enable.
Where is the dialog box in AutoCAD?
To open the Options dialog box, type OP in the command line, or right-click in space (without anything selected), and choose Options from the right-click shortcut menu. The AutoCAD Options dialog box contains 10 tabs, and is organized into categories to aid you in finding a setting.
What is the first step in starting AutoCAD from the start?
To start a new project in AutoCAD, open the software and click on “Start Drawing”. This is AutoCAD’s main working screen, where all 2D and 3D designing takes place. Basically, it’s composed of the following: Quick Access Toolbar, with all the basics icons for actions like “New Project”, “Open”, and “Save”.
How do I show the ribbon bar in AutoCAD?
On the command line in AutoCAD, type:
- RIBBON to show/turn on the ribbon on.
- RIBBONCLOSE to hide/turn the ribbon off.
What is the start tab in AutoCAD?
The Start tab is displayed by default at startup, providing easy access to a variety of initial actions, including access to drawing template files, recently opened drawings and sheet sets, online and learning options, and announcements.
How do I get a hidden dialog box?
Here is how to fix it:
- After accessing the tool/command to open a dialog box/window, press [Alt]+[Spacebar], then press M, then press any arrow key on your keyboard. This will “stick” the dialog box/window to your cursor.
- Move the mouse around until the dialog box/window is placed where you want it located.
What is Filedia in AutoCAD?
For years AutoCAD Electrical users have dealt with the system variable “FILEDIA” resetting to “0” if certain commands were interrupted. This causes portions of the interface like the “File Open” Dialog to run in command line mode.
Where did my dialog box go?
How do I create a window in AutoCAD?
To Create a Regular Window
- Open the tool palette that you want to use, and select a window tool.
- Select a wall or door and window assembly in which to insert the window, or press Enter to add a freestanding window.
- Specify the insertion point of the window.
- Continue adding windows, and press Enter.