How do I get airplay on my radio station?
How to get radio airplay
- Gain clout elsewhere first.
- Send in your CD/mixtape (or even a vinyl)
- Focus on non-commercial radio (at first)
- Offer an exclusive.
- Send over an EPK (Electronic Press Kit)
- Sign with a label.
- Cultivate your “organic” airplay.
- Think globally.
What is a radio monitoring?
radio monitoring (uncountable) The systematic listening to, and reporting of, foreign radio transmissions in order to gather intelligence. Monitoring the content played from radios like commercials, shows and music and generate cue sheet of content played time, duration, frequency.
How do I get airplay in South Africa?
10 Tips for Getting Airplay on Radio in South Africa
- Write great songs.
- Get it professionally recorded & mastered.
- Ensure your master has all the meta-data embedded on the .
- Submit correctly to radio stations via professionally formatted email or Email/App (MailChimp) and include both .wav and MP3 formats.
How do I track my radio spins?
Mediabase: Like BDS, Mediabase tracks your radio spins and is analyzed by the almost 2,000 radio stations who subscribe to their monitoring service. Here is info on how to submit your music. Click here. After you subscribe to both sites, you can login and check to see where and when your music has been played.
Is radio airplay any good?
Radio Airplay is a really good platform, particularly for aspiring musicians. It gives the musicians airtime especially when it would be impossible to get airtime on normal radio. Although expensive to some extent, it really gives your music good exposure to both the local and international audience.
How do artists get paid from radio play?
The PRO distributes royalties and songwriter gets paid So, the PRO collects royalties from the radio station’s blanket license on a set schedule and then uses the radio reporting data to divvy this money between the songwriters.
How does RF monitoring work?
RF monitoring is primarily “curfew monitoring.” With RF, a participant wears an ankle bracelet and places a home monitoring unit in his or her home. The unit can be set to detect a bracelet within a range of 50 to 150 feet. When a bracelet comes in range of the unit, the unit sends a notice to the monitoring center.
What is RF spectrum monitoring?
RF spectrum analyzers are test instruments used to look at signals in the frequency domain, i.e. a plot of signal strength against frequency.
How do I submit my music to South African radio stations?
SUBMIT ORIGINAL MUSIC FOR AIRPLAY & INTERVIEWS
- Submit your track digitally to: ligwalagwala[email protected] – preferably an MP3 not bigger than 5MB.
- Personally submit or courier two CDs to the Station’s music library.
- The Library registers the CDs in their system.
- The Library forward CDs to the Music Committee.
How do you see what songs played on the radio?
7 Ways to Find That Song You Just Heard
- Search Shazaam (it listens to and identifies songs).
- Use SoundHound (it can search by hearing you hum).
- Search the lyrics.
- Search the artist.
- Look up the radio station’s playlist.
- Search songs by genre and/or decade.
- Play similar songs on Youtube, Spotify, or Pandora.
Can I get digital radio?
Digital radio coverage in the UK is 98% for BBC national stations; 91.5% (Digital One stations) and 83% (Sound Digital stations) for national commercial stations; and 91% for local DAB.
What is a Radiomonitor?
Radiomonitor is the industry standard music airplay monitoring service used by all major record labels and radio stations worldwide. Radiomonitor monitors the music played on radio and TV in over 120 countries.
What charts does the Radiomonitor offer?
Radiomonitor has established several charts in the United Kingdom for over a decade, including the Radiomonitor Top 100, the annual Radiomonitor Marketshare, and the Radiomonitor end-of-year Top 100.
What is the best music airplay monitoring service?
Radiomonitor is the industry standard music airplay monitoring service used by all major record labels and radio stations worldwide.