How do I revamp my bedroom furniture?
GET YOUR FREE FURNITURE REFINISHING SHOPPING LIST!
- Add Furniture Wax. If you have a piece that is stripped already or just could use new wax, consider adding a darkened wax to it.
- Clean It! Sometimes, all your next project needs is a good scrubbing.
- Spray Paint Secondhand Furniture.
- Add New Hardware.
- Swap Out the Legs.
How can I decorate the top of my bedroom dresser?
Choose accent pieces of varied sizes and shapes—any of the following are great choices:
- Framed photos.
- One or two hardback books.
- Decorative boxes or vases.
- Jewelry box.
- Antique glass jars or Mason jars filled with jewelry or interesting small items.
What can you do with old dressers?
10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- Space for a Sink. 1/11. Make a big splash in the bathroom by repurposing an old dresser as a vanity.
- Dressed for Dinner. 2/11.
- Drawer Decor. 3/11.
- Spring Wardrobe. 4/11.
- Tune In. 5/11.
- No Monster Under the Bed. 6/11.
- Open to New Possibilities. 7/11.
- Approach the Bench. 8/11.
What kind of paint do you use on an old dresser?
Latex paint: A go-to for DIY projects, latex paint is a popular choice for furniture makeovers because it offers different finish options (including flat, satin, and full or semi-gloss) and is easy to clean (with water and a little bit of soap).
How can I change the look of furniture?
5 Ways to Update Furniture Without Paint
- Update Furniture with Washi Tape. Washi tape is a FABULOUS way to give furniture a new look!
- Use Furniture Tacks or Nailheads to Update Furniture.
- Use Fabric or Paper to Update Furniture.
- Use New Hardware to Change the Look.
- Use Baskets (or Accessories) to Update Furniture.
How do you dress the top of a chest of drawers?
Read on for 24 inspirational ways to style your chest of drawers.
- Open up a corner by adding height.
- Display artwork while optimising space.
- Reclaim a corner with a bold and personal touch.
- Create visual interest by varying height.
- Relax in floral freshness.
- Define a space with bold lines.
- Create harmony with lower pieces.
Are dressers with mirrors out of style?
Mirrors over dressers, as a piece of furniture, are not outdated. You may think this because of the old dresser with a mirror that has been in your guest room for as long as you can remember, or that you see at your relative’s house, but dressers with mirrors are still made today and in modern styles.
What to do with an old Mid Century Modern dresser?
After being the in the family for year, this new look is perfect for an old pine furniture. A beat up old mid century modern dresser gets a new look, and another chance. Amazing transformation of a painted mid century modern piece with a faux wood paint technique. How to distress a painted dresser.
What kind of furniture can you makeover in a bedroom?
All things DIY bedroom furniture makeovers. Painted dressers, nightstands, beds, desks, and anything in between! Tutorials on how to makeover bedroom furniture… How to easily turn a vanity into the perfect tall and skinny nightstands! These black vintage farmhouse nightstands with rustic tops are perfect!
Can you build a new Dresser from an old Dresser?
If you don’t have an old dresser you can build a new one. Don’t let damaged veneer discourage you from giving an waterfall dresser a makeover. This beat up waterfall piece got a new look and a new home. Give an old piece a new look with a fresh coat of paint.
What kind of paint do you use to paint a dresser?
Paint: Pick two colors and paint your dresser! We chose Delightful SW 6289 ( Emerald ® Interior Acrylic Latex Paint) and Fleur de Sel SW 7666 ( ProClassic ® Interior Acrylic Enamel Paint ). For ease, use a 2” brush on edges and corners and a roller on flat surfaces .