How do I update Windows Media Player 12?
How to Update Windows Media Player
- Go to the Windows Media download page (see Resources). Select “Windows Media Player” in the Select Download box.
- Select the latest version of Windows Media Player for your operating system in the Select Version box.
- Select the language you want to use.
How do I reinstall Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10?
Windows 10 Home and Pro Go to Apps > Optional features > Add a feature. Scroll down to Windows Media Player and select it. Click Install. Job done!
Is WMP still supported?
Windows 8 and later instead use Groove Music (for audio) and Microsoft Movies & TV (for video) as the default playback applications for most media; As of October 2021, Windows Media Player is still included as a Windows component.
What is the latest version of WMP?
Windows Media Player 12
Windows Media Player 12—available as part of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10*—plays more music and video than ever, including Flip Video and unprotected songs from your iTunes library!
How do I repair Windows Media Player in Windows 10?
Windows Media Player errors
- Click the Start button and type system restore.
- Select Create a restore point, and then in the System Properties pane, select System Restore.
- Follow the prompts to select the restore point just before the round of updates that seemed to trigger the problem.
Does Windows 11 have WMP?
Windows 11’s new Media Player plays both video and audio, and it replaces Groove entirely for the latter. If you’re running Windows 11 and haven’t seen the new Media Player app yet, hang tight. It’s coming in an update.
Is there a 64 bit Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player (64-bit)
How do I fix a corrupted Windows Media Player in Windows 10?
Fix-1 Rebuild Windows Media Player Library Database
- Press Windows Key+R, and type “%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Media Player” and hit Enter.
- Press Ctrl+A to select every file in the folder. Press Shift+Delete, to permanently delete all the files of the folder.
- Restart Windows Media Player.
What is the best replacement for Windows Media Player?
Best Windows Media Player Alternatives
- VLC Media Player. VLC Media Player is a free and open-source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
- Plex Media Server.