How do I use advanced filter in Excel 2010?
EXCEL ADVANCED FILTER (Examples)
- Select the entire data set (including the headers).
- Go Data tab –> Sort & Filter –> Advanced. (You can also use the keyboard shortcut – Alt + A + Q).
- In the Advanced Filter dialog box, use the following details: Action: Select the ‘Copy to another location’ option.
- Click OK.
How do I apply advanced filter criteria in Excel?
Go to: The Data tab > Sort & Filter > Advanced. In the Advanced Filter dialog box that opens, click in the Criteria Range box.
How do I set advanced filter criteria?
- Enter the criteria shown below on the worksheet.
- Click any single cell inside the data set.
- On the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, click Advanced.
- Click in the Criteria range box and select the range A1:D2 (blue).
- Click OK.
What is the criteria range for advanced filter in Excel?
Formulas in the Advanced Filter criteria The formula must evaluate to either TRUE or FALSE. The criteria range should include a minimum of 2 cells: formula cell and heading cell. The heading cell in the formula-based criteria should be blank, or has a heading different from any of the list range headings.
How do I use advanced filter unique records only in Excel?
To filter for unique values, click Data > Sort & Filter > Advanced. To remove duplicate values, click Data > Data Tools > Remove Duplicates. To highlight unique or duplicate values, use the Conditional Formatting command in the Style group on the Home tab.
What is the difference between auto filter and advance filter?
Answer: AutoFilter allows filtering data with a maximum of 2 criteria, and those conditions are specified directly in the custom AutoFilter dialog box. Using AdvancedFilter you, can find rows that meet multiple criteria in multiple columns, and the advanced criteria need to be enter a separate range on your worksheet.
What do you mean by advanced filter?
Use an Advanced Filter in Excel to create a list of unique items, or to extract specific items to a different worksheet. You can also use complex criteria with an Advanced Filter, so it is useful when a simple AutoFilter can’t do what you need.
What is filter how we use advanced filter?
When using an advanced filter do you need to create a criteria range quizlet?
To use an Advanced Filter, you need to create a criteria range. The criteria range must be at least two rows. The first row must use column names from the worksheet data but you need not use all of them. You type the actual criteria in the second row.
How do I filter unique records only?
Excel Advanced Filter
- On the Data tab of the ribbon select Advanced Filter.
- Select ‘Copy to another location’, check your ‘List range’ is correct, enter the cell you want your list copied to, then check the ‘Unique records only’ check box.