How do I use Microsoft Authenticator Online?
Sign in to your account using phone sign-in
- Go to your personal Microsoft account sign-in page, and then instead of typing your password, select the Use the Microsoft Authenticator app instead link.
- Microsoft sends a notification to your phone.
- Approve the notification.
How do I use Microsoft Authenticator without a phone?
Just go to Security Basics in your account, select More security options, and follow the prompts. Regardless of which method you use to set up Microsoft 2-factor authentication, you’ll then be able to sign in to your account using the Microsoft Authenticator app.
Can I install Microsoft Authenticator on my PC?
Microsoft Authenticator app is now available for download from Windows Store for Windows 10 Mobile devices. Soon, this app will have a cool feature that you can use to unlock your Windows 10 computer over Bluetooth without entering the password. Just open the app and tap on a nearby computer.
Can you access Authenticator online?
Learn more about Microsoft Authenticator Conveniently and securely sign in to all your online accounts using multifactor authentication, passwordless sign-in or password autofill with Microsoft Authenticator.
How do I set up Microsoft Authenticator for work?
Sign in with a QR code
- On your computer, go to the Additional security verification page.
- Select the checkbox next to Authenticator app, and then select Configure.
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app, select the plus icon and select Add account, and then select Work or school account, followed by Scan a QR Code.
How do I find my Microsoft Authenticator code and URL?
On your computer, note the Code and Url information on the Configure mobile app page. Keep this page open so you can see the code and URL.
What happens if you don’t have your phone for two factor authentication?
If you didn’t save your backup codes, and you’ve lost the phone that you use for 2FA – try calling your phone network to transfer your old number over to a new phone. You’ll need a new SIM card for that, and it could take a day or two for it to activate.
Does Microsoft Authenticator work over wifi?
If using the Microsoft authenticator app for MFA, the device installed with the Microsoft authenticator must have an Internet connection. The Internet connection is required to send the verification code to the device requesting the logon.
Where can I find my Microsoft Authenticator app?
Download and install the app Google Android. On your Android device, go to Google Play to download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app. Apple iOS. On your Apple iOS device, go to the App Store to download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app.
How do I get a QR code for Microsoft Authenticator?
Go to the security verification settings screen. For information on how to get to this screen, see Changing your security settings. Check the box next to Authenticator app then select Configure. This brings up a screen with a QR code on it.
Where do I find the 6-digit code on Microsoft Authenticator?
Add account to Microsoft Authenticator
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone.
- Tap the + > Work or school account.
- Use your phone to scan the QR square that is on your computer screen. Notes:
- Your account will be added automatically to the app and will display a six-digit code.
How do I generate code from authentication app?
- On your new phone, install the Google Authenticator app.
- In the Google Authenticator app, tap Get Started.
- At the bottom, tap Import existing accounts?
- On your old phone, create a QR code: In the Authenticator app, tap More. Transfer accounts. Export accounts.
- On your new phone, tap Scan QR code.
How to activate Microsoft Authenticator?
Go to the Microsoft 365 admin center at https://admin.microsoft.com.
Should I use Microsoft Authenticator?
Google Authenticator. This is the app you might have gravitated towards for your Google account—because it’s made by Google—but this is actually one of the more basic authenticator apps out
How to unlock Microsoft authentication?
Windows Hello companion device app discovery,installation,and first-time registration. The user sets up the PIN on each of target Windows 10 desktop devices she wants to unlock with that
How safe is Microsoft Authenticator?
Microsoft Authenticator is quiet safe to use but use with caution. This is based on our NLP (Natural language processing) analysis of over 131,779 User Reviews sourced from the Appstore and the appstore cumulative rating of 4.8/5 .