How do I use Symantec PGP Desktop?
To start Symantec Encryption Desktop, use any of the following methods: Double-click the PGP Tray icon. Right-click the PGP Tray icon and then select Open Symantec Encryption Desktop. From the Start menu, select Programs > Symantec Encryption > Symantec Encryption Desktop.
What is Symantec PGP Desktop?
Symantec Encryption Desktop provides easy to use and secure encryption to protect sensitive data on your laptop, PC, or removable media. Laptops and flash drives are easily lost, and even desktop computers can be stolen.
How do I encrypt a file using PGP Desktop?
Secure “File Name…” with key – Encrypts the selected file or folder to a PGP key. Secure “File Name…” with passphrase – Encrypts the selected file or folder with a passphrase. Add “File Name…” to PGP Netshare – Encrypts the selected file or folder as a PGP Netshare encrypted folder.
How do I get around Symantec desktop encryption?
On the client system, login with the user account added to the WDE-ADMIN group. Click Start>Run, type cmd in the text field and click OK. The Windows command prompt screen appears. At the command prompt, type pgpwde –add-bypass –admin-authorization –disk 0 and press Enter.
How do I open a Symantec encryption file?
Open Symantec Encryption Desktop.
- Locate the PGP Zip in the Control box in the left pane of the Symantec Encryption Desktop main screen.
- Select Open a PGP Zip from the PGP Zip menu. Browse to the desired file and select Open.
What is Symantec desktop email encryption?
Symantec Desktop Email Encryption provides an end-to-end email encryption solution that automatically encrypts and decrypts email directly between clients without the need to log into a third-party website. Email remains encrypted on internal mail servers or when email is outsourced to the cloud.
What is encryption in Symantec?
Symantec Endpoint Encryption protects sensitive information and ensures regulatory compliance. It encrypts all files on the hard drive, sector-by-sector, for maximum security. It supports Windows, Mac, tablets, self-encrypting drives, and removable media (USB drives, external hard drives, and DVDs).
What is Symantec SED?
Symantec Encryption Desktop (SED – AKA PGP Desktop) Features: Drive Encryption, File Share Encryption (Secure NTFS Folders\Shares), Email Encryption (POP/IMAP/MAPI), Virtual Disk Encryption, File Encryption (PGPZip), Secure File Shredding.
How do I decrypt Symantec desktop encryption?
To decrypt your encrypted volumes:
- Open Symantec Encryption Desktop from the Start menu or system tray.
- In the column on the left, under “PGP Disk”, click Encrypt Disk.
- In the center column, select the encrypted volume(s) that you want to decrypt.
How do I uninstall PGP?
- Decrypting your disk: You should have a little PGP padlock icon in your menu bar. Click on it and select Open PGP Desktop from the menu.
- Uninstalling PGP: Once your disk is fully decrypted, you can go back into PGP Desktop, and from the PGP menu select Uninstall to uninstall it. Additional Information.
How do I decrypt Symantec Endpoint Encryption client?
Click Software Settings, Symantec Endpoint Encryption, Drive Encryption, Remote Decryption. Select the Change this Setting option. Select Decrypt all disk partitions. Click Save.
How do I decrypt an encrypted file?
To decrypt a file or folder:
- From the Start menu, select Programs or All Programs, then Accessories, and then Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the file or folder you want to decrypt, and then click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Advanced.
- Clear the Encrypt contents to secure data checkbox, and then click OK.
What is Symantec PGP encryption?
PGP encryption (Symantec Encryption Desktop) is based on public-key cryptography. In order to use PGP you must create a PGP keypair, which consists of a public key and a private key. Your public key should be given to anyone who wishes to send you encrypted data.
How do I download Symantec Encryption Desktop client?
On the Groups card, click Download Client. The Download Symantec Encryption Clients screen is displayed. In the Client field, select Symantec Encryption Desktop. In the Platform field, select Mac OS X, Windows 32-bit, or Windows 64-bit, as appropriate.
What are the system requirements for Symantec Encryption Desktop?
The following requirements apply only if you are encrypting your disk. If you are installing Symantec Encryption Desktop for email or other Symantec Encryption Desktop functions, you can install on Windows 8/8.1 32-bit systems and boot using UEFI mode without having to meet these requirements.
How do I change the passphrase of my PGP key?
To change the passphrase of your PGP key, and you already know the passphrase, open Symantec Encryption Desktop (PGP Desktop) and click on PGP Keys: 2. You will see a list of all your keys.