How do you spend a day in Florida?
The 14 Best Day Trips in Florida
- Soak in the sunshine at Siesta Key Beach.
- Visit the mermaids at Weeki Wachee.
- Dine with an astronaut at Kennedy Space Center in Titusville.
- Airboat through the Everglades National Park.
- Go tubing at Ichetucknee Springs State Park in Fort White.
- Walk the walls of Castillo de San Marcos in St.
Where should I go north of Florida?
12 Best Places to Visit in North Florida
- Jacksonville. Jacksonville. Jacksonville.
- Pensacola. Pensacola Beach. Pensacola.
- Tallahassee. Christopher Boswell/shutterstock.com.
- Destin. Destin, Florida.
- Ocala. Adventures On Wheels/shutterstock.com.
- Fernandina Beach. Fernandina Beach.
- Gainesville. floridastateparks.org.
- St. Augustine.
How do you plan a day trip?
How to Plan a Day Trip in 7 Easy Steps
- Set Your Limits. How Far Do You Want to Go?
- Pick an Activity. What Do You Want to Do?
- Anticipate Your Meals. Where Do You Want to Eat?
- Establish Your Budget. How Much Do You Want to Spend?
- Plan a Route. How Are You Getting There?
- Prep Your Car. Is Your Vehicle Up To It?
- Prep Your Stuff.
What is North Florida famous for?
The region is more known for its magnolias and live oaks then palm trees and beaches. North Floridians in rural areas tend to think of their part of the state as “Dixie”. North Florida is also overwhelmingly conservative, especially in the rural parts of the region.
What is the most northern town in Florida?
It is the northernmost city on Florida’s Atlantic coast, situated on Amelia Island, and is one of the principal municipalities comprising Greater Jacksonville. The area was first inhabited by the Timucuan Indian people….Fernandina Beach, Florida.
What are the 14 best day trips in Florida?
The 14 Best Day Trips in Florida. 1 Soak in the sunshine at Siesta Key Beach. View Vrbo Rentals. 2 Visit the mermaids at Weeki Wachee. 3 Dine with an astronaut at Kennedy Space Center in Titusville. 4 Airboat through the Everglades National Park. 5 Go tubing at Ichetucknee Springs State Park in Fort White.
What to do in Central Florida for a day?
Fill your tank up with gas and take a day trip to one of these “outdoorsy” Central Florida destinations. 1. The Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards, located in Clermont, sits on 127 acres and allows guests to try wines they’ve never tried before in the extensive tasting room
What are the best places to visit in Florida for beginners?
Spend a day paddling or floating on a tube through its refreshing spring-fed waters and relax under miles of leafy shaded hammocks. Thrill-seekers might also like to explore this area, as the park’s Blue Hole Spring is a famous destination for cave divers. America’s oldest city, St. Augustine is the perfect day trip destination.
What are the best day trips from Pensacola?
Here are 10 additional day trips from Pensacola. Known as the birthplace of New Urbanism (and the setting for the 1998 film “The Truman Show”), Seaside is an idyllic Northwest Florida community set against the area’s stunning beaches and makes for a great Florida day trip.