How does NagVis core integrate with Nagios?
How to: Nagios,Pnp4Nagios & Nagvis installation on centos
- Step 1: Installation of apache.
- Step 2: Download packages & extract.
- Step 3: install required packages.
- Step 4: add users and give rights.
- Step 5: compile the extracted code.
- Step 6: Install nagios plugins.
- Step 7: Disable selinux.
- Step 8: Add firewall rules.
How do I configure NagVis?
- STEP 0: Prepare System. Make sure your system fits the System requirements.
- STEP 1: Download NagVis.
- STEP 2: Unpack NagVis.
- STEP 3: Move the unpacked NagVis directory.
- STEP 4: Configure NagVis.
- STEP 5: Configure webserver.
- STEP 6: Permissions.
- STEP 7: Configure the maps.
How do I update NagVis?
The recommended way for upgrading to the latest NagVis version is to set up the new version as new installation and migrate your maps/icons/configurations/… manually. Just copy all your custom templates. Be aware: Don’t replace the default templates.
How do I connect NagVis to the monitoring cores of Nagios?
NagVis comes with a bunch of backends for connecting to these monitoring cores. The default and recommended way to connect NagVis to the monitoring cores Nagios, Icinga and Shinken is the MKLivestatus backend. What is MKLivestatus?
How to give administrator privileges to a user in NagVis?
There exists a helper script called nagvis-make-admin. Copy this script into your NagVis etc/ directory, make it executable and execute it with: This should give administrator privileges to the given user. 2. Re-initialize the auth database
What’s new in NagVis for monitoring?
Another long requested option has been implemented to reflect the permissions on host and service objects configured in your monitoring core within NagVis. You can now use the option only_permitted_objects to make NagVis only show the user’s objects to your users.
What is the latest version of NagVis for PHP?
This fix only affects you in case you are using PHP 7 or older. For a detailed view on the changes have a look at the changelog. You may download this version from the “Stable Releases” section of the download page. NagVis 1.9.26 has been released.