How to make fish curry with cauliflower?
- In a large heavy-based pan, heat ghee over a low heat.
- Add the cauliflower, turning to coat each floret with the spice mixture.
- Bring to the boil, season, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish to the pan, gently pushing the pieces down so they are immersed in the sauce.
How to marinate fish for frying Indian style?
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste or grated.
- Lemon juice as needed.
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder.
- ¾ tsp garam masala or any spice powder.
- ½ tsp coriander powder (optional)
- ½ tsp red chili powder or smoked paprika.
Which fish is good for Fry in India?
Tilapia or Catfish Both these ready-to-fry fish are readily available at most markets and very affordable.
Can you fry fish in ghee?
Ghee has a really high burning point – to me, it tastes better [and] does a much better job on the crisping of the skin.” On Food Safari Water, Steve Hodges explains why ghee is his choice for frying fish.
Which oil is best for fish?
The most suitable oil for frying fish is the oil with a high smoke point and neutral flavor so it doesn’t overpower or interfere with the taste of the fish. Some of the best choices are sunflower oil, canola oil, peanut oil, and safflower oil.
Which fish is best for fish curry?
Best Fish for Curry
- cod (all types)
Can I pan fry fish without oil?
For flavor and moisture, poaching is another way of cooking fish without oil. You can use any liquid that suits your tastes, such as white wine or broth. You can even use water flavored with leeks, slices of lemon (with the peel) and a bay leaf.
What type of fish is good for frying?
Here are some of the best types of fish to fry:
- Alaskan Cod.
- Striped Bass.
What is the best way to fry fish?
Coat fish in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs. Gently set coated fish into hot oil and fry 5 minutes on each side until medium golden brown in color. When the fish is evenly golden all over, remove and drain on brown paper sacks.