What are 5 examples of complex sentence?
Common Complex Sentence Examples
- Because my coffee was too cold, I heated it in the microwave.
- Although he was wealthy, he was still unhappy.
- She returned the computer after she noticed it was damaged.
- Whenever prices goes up, customers buy less products.
How do you break down complex sentences?
Breaking down complex sentences
- Focus on the main idea. Find the subject and verb.
- Cross out/eliminate modifying phrases that are not important to the main idea of the sentence. (Clue: usually these phrases are between commas and usually, in Edgar’s case, dashes).
- Keep reading. A confusing sentence may be followed by one easier to understand.
What is a compound in bio?
A compound is a substance that consists of two or more elements in a unique composition. The smallest particle of a compound is called a molecule. Chemical bonds hold together the atoms of molecules. Compounds can form only in chemical reactions, and they can break down only in other chemical reactions.
What are the 10 compounds?
List of Chemical Compounds and their uses
- Calcium Carbonate.
- Sodium Chloride.
- Potassium Tartrate.
- Baking soda.
- Acetic Acid.
What is a complex problem example?
Examples include climate change, world poverty, the global financial crisis, child abuse, terrorism and drug abuse. Each of these examples of complex problems impact directly on individuals, families and communities and have implications for the lives of real people.
What is an example of a compound-complex?
A compound-complex sentence is comprised of at least two independent clauses and one or more dependent clauses. Example: Though Mitchell prefers watching romantic films, he rented the latest spy thriller, and he enjoyed it very much.
What are complex sentences examples?
A complex sentence has one independent clause and at least one dependent clause. This means that the clauses are not equal, they use a co-ordinating conjunction that changes the rank of one or more of the clauses to make it less equal. For example; My Dad laughed when I told a joke.
What is a compound give two examples?
A compound is a material composed of two or more components. Water, carbon dioxide and table salt are some examples of compounds.
What is the example of complex?
A complex sentence has an independent clause and at least one dependent clause. For example: The human brain never stops working until you stand up to speak in public.
How do you write a complex thesis statement?
A thesis statement must be one sentence in length, no matter how many clauses it contains. Clear writing is more important than rules like these. Use two or three sentences if you need them. A complex argument may require a whole tightly-knit paragraph to make its initial statement of position.
How do you teach simple complex and compound sentences?
How to Teach Sentence Structure: Simple, Compound, Complex, Compound-Complex
- Be aware of misconceptions.
- Sequence the sentence types in a scaffolded way.
- Introduce sentence types with mini lessons.
- Give it time.
- Incorporate some fun.
- Differentiate up by requiring skill application.
- Focus on subjects and verbs.
What are the types of compounds?
Types of Compounds
- Metal + Nonmetal —> ionic compound (usually)
- Metal + Polyatomic ion —> ionic compound (usually)
- Nonmetal + Nonmetal —> covalent compound (usually)
- Hydrogen + Nonmetal —> covalent compound (usually)
What is an Endocentric compound?
Endocentric compound is a type of compound in which one member functions as the head and the other as its modifier, attributing a property to the head.
What is simple compound?
About Transcript. A simple sentence contains one independent clause. A compound sentence contains more than one! Put another way: a simple sentence contains a subject and a predicate, but a compound sentence contains more than one subject and more than one predicate.