What are common problems with BMW 328i?
Top BMW 328i Problems
- Oil Leaks From Lower Engine Area.
- Blower Final Stage Fan Resistor May Fail.
- Outside Mirror May Fold Out to Far.
- Noise and/or Vibration Due to AC System Low on Refrigerant.
- Multiple Power Steering Hoses May Simultaneously Fail.
- Water Pump May Develop Coolant Leak.
What is SULEV BMW 328i?
SULEV stands for “Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle,” and is a classification that’s given to a vehicle by the federal Environmental Protection Agency rather than a manufacturer’s marketing department. BMW produces cars that meet federal SULEV standards, as do Toyota, Ford, Honda and several other manufacturers.
How long does a BMW 328i last?
The BMW 328i should be able to last over 200,000 miles as long as You keep up with the regular maintenance on the car. The most important thing to the longevity of a car is to make sure to have Your maintenance done when it is needed.
What does SULEV warranty cover?
If any emission-related part on your vehicle is defective, the part will be repaired or replaced by BMWNA. This is your emission control system DEFECTS WARRANTY. I interpret this as a two-part warranty, one that covers the individual parts in the SULEV parts list, and one that covers a failed emissions test.
What is the SULEV warranty?
Here’s the good news: When BMW sold that 128i SULEV in California, it not only met emissions standards when it was new, it was guaranteed to meet those standards for “the life of the car.” There’s a fifteen-year, 150,000-mile warranty on a whole list of emissions-related parts.
How many miles do BMW 328i last?
What is correct oil for BMW 328i?
When having your BMW serviced, make sure that one of the following types of oil is being used, as recommended by BMW and meeting BMW’s Long-life rating: BMW TwinPower Turbo Engine Oils – Oils designed for BMW vehicles by BMW. Beginning in 2015, BMW is recommending Shell/Pennzoil PurePlus Oils as their aftermarket oil.
How to check oil level on BMW 328i?
– Turn your vehicle on and let the engine run. – Your steering wheel controls allow you to cycle through the display options beneath your gauges. – Press the BC button to enter. – When the clock hands stop moving, you’ll be able to read your oil level. – If you see a +1 (or some other number), you need to add more motor oil.
Is GTI faster than a BMW 328i?
The GTI should be significantly lighter than the 328i, not within 20lbs of it. So the GTI is heavy for its size, but in the end, is close enough in weight that you won’t notice the difference. The 328i makes 240hp and 260lb-ft of torque out of a turbocharged 2.0li four cylinder motor (assuming we’re discussing the F30 328i and not an older model).
Why is MY BMW 328i overheating?
– TOO LOW OR TOO HIGH LEVEL OF ENGINE COOLANT. – COOLANT HOSE LEAKS. – LOOSE HOSE CLAMPS. – BROKEN THERMOSTAT. – THERMAL SWITCH ON THE RADIATOR. – BROKEN WATER PUMP. – CLOGGED OR CRACKED CAR RADIATOR. – CLOG IN THE COOLANT SYSTEM.