What does half expect mean?
Almost to expect; to think that something may happen, without being entirely sure.
What is the meaning of expecting a baby?
If you say that a woman is expecting a baby, or that she is expecting, you mean that she is pregnant. She was expecting another baby. [
What do you mean expecting?
to look forward to; regard as likely to happen; anticipate the occurrence or the coming of: I expect to read it. I expect him later. She expects that they will come. to look for with reason or justification: We expect obedience. Informal. to suppose or surmise; guess: I expect that you are tired from the trip.
Does expecting meaning pregnant?
expect verb (BE PREGNANT) to be pregnant: She shouldn’t be lifting those boxes if she’s expecting.
Is half heard hyphenated?
A. No hyphen—half may be treated like other adverbs. He barely listened; he half listened.
How do you say Expecting a baby?
8 Words For When You’ve Got a Baby Bump
- Pregnant. OK, this one is boring, but it’s the most basic, so a good place to start.
- Knocked Up.
How do you use expecting?
Expecting sentence example
- Yes, and we’re expecting another.
- He was sending her out and expecting her to return.
- Are you expecting trouble?
- What’s the matter, are you expecting a better offer?
- She reached the door and looked back, expecting to find him right behind her, but he wasn’t.
- You were expecting me.
How do I announce my pregnancy?
50 Best Ways to Announce Your Pregnancy to Family (2022)
- Family Game Night.
- Ice Cream Social (With Personalized M&M’s!)
- Surprise Family Portrait.
- Custom Cookies.
- Sidewalk Chalk Announcement.
- Ultrasound Embroidery.
- Pregnancy Reveal Puzzle.
- Custom Book.
How do I tell my BF Im pregnant?
Telling Your Partner You’re Unexpectedly Pregnant
- Share the News in Person If Possible. It’s almost always best to share big news face to face.
- Be Honest. Don’t start your conversation with, “I have bad news,” but in a healthy relationship, it’s essential to share your honest feelings.
- Give Space for His Response.
What is a pregnant person called?
A woman who is (or has been only) pregnant for the first time is referred to as a primigravida, and a woman in subsequent pregnancies as a multigravida or as multiparous. Therefore, during a second pregnancy a woman would be described as gravida 2, para 1 and upon live delivery as gravida 2, para 2.