What is another word for exhibit?
Some common synonyms of exhibit are display, expose, flaunt, parade, and show.
How do you get an exhibit in a museum?
How to Submit Your Artwork to a Museum
- Many artists would walk miles, under any conditions, to show their work in a venue on Museum Mile.
- Museums are the premier venue to exhibit and receive feedback on your creations.
- Be prepared when you initiate contact.
- No matter how the interview goes, send the curator a thoughtful thank-you email within one day.
What does precaution mean?
care taken in advance
What is the purpose of an exhibit?
What is Exhibition mean? A traditional exhibition is a large-scale event that uses a variety of media and means to promote products, corporate image and establish good public relations. Its characteristics are: It is a complex, intuitive, visual, and vivid way of communication.
What’s another word for precaution?
Precaution Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for precaution?
How do you plan a museum exhibit?
How to Create a Museum Exhibit: a 12-Step Program
- Assess your resources – is there enough to create a museum exhibit?
- Select the location for the museum exhibit.
- Determine your budget.
- Begin to plan the exhibit by developing the interpretation – central theme, subthemes, storylines, and content.
- Develop an exhibit design for the interpretation.
What are safety precautions?
safety precaution in British English (ˈseɪftɪ prɪˈkɔːʃən) a precaution that is taken in order to ensure that something is safe and not dangerous. safety precautions visible everywhere: lifejackets, small boat, inflatable rubber boats.
How do you use the word exhibit?
- [S] [T] Tom saw the exhibits. (
- [S] [T] Tom asked Mary if she’d go to John’s art exhibit. (
- [S] [T] Do not touch the exhibits. (
- [S] [T] We’ll see the exhibit tomorrow. (
- [S] [T] Please don’t touch the exhibits. (
- [S] [T] Do you have any special exhibits? (
- [S] [T] Is the exhibit open to the public? (
How do I cite an attached document?
If you cite an attachment in the body, provide a brief notation at the bottom of the letter as well for quick reference. You can also cite the name or type of attachment, or number of pages before the notation. For example, you might note “2 Enc” or “Yearly Report Enclosed.”
Is precaution and prevention same?
A “precaution” is something you do (we often say “take a precaution”) to help ensure that something bad won’t happen. To “prevent” something, you simply do not allow it to occur! The act of prevention may be temporary or permanent, but it does stop you from doing something you might otherwise have done.
What does flaunt mean?
transitive verb. 1 : to display ostentatiously or impudently : parade flaunting his superiority a chance to flaunt clothes, bodies, and sexuality — New Yorker. 2 : to treat contemptuously flaunted the rules— Louis Untermeyer. Other Words from flaunt Synonyms Choose the Right Synonym Flaunt vs.
How do you cite the Smithsonian website in MLA?
“Name of article.” Name of web site. Name of publisher, date of publication (if available). Medium of publication. Date of access.
How do you use exhibit in a sentence?
- Next week those goods will exhibit in that shop.
- Plants in their growth stage generally exhibit an increased uptake of nutrients.
- Most zoos try to exhibit animals in naturalistic settings.
- This exhibit was kindly loaned by the artist’s family.
- They deprecated the new exhibit.
What is an exhibit in a museum?
An exhibit is an item that is shown off for the public, such as a painting on display at a gallery or a historical document shown under glass at a museum. The main thing to remember about an exhibit is that it refers to something presented formally and in a public setting.
How do you reference a museum?
To cite a museum exhibition, follow the MLA format template. Include the exhibition’s name as the title of your source, followed by the opening and closing dates of the exhibition and the museum and city as the location: Unbound: Narrative Art of the Plains.