What is uBar Mac?
uBar overview uBar is the Dock replacement. If you’ve never really liked the Dock, or have a soft-spot for the Windows Taskbar, uBar is here to save the day. uBar can be configured as a dock or task bar for OS X.
What is uBar software?
uBar is described as ‘is the task bar for the Mac. Whether you’ve never really liked the Dock, always wanted the one thing that Windows does right, or are switching from Windows to OS X, uBar is the perfect solution’ and is an app in the OS & Utilities category.
How do I get the Windows taskbar on my Mac?
To workaround the issue of Mac Dock overlapping Windows taskbar you can:
- Move Windows taskbar to the right or left side of Mac screen. Right-click on Windows taskbar, uncheck Lock the taskbar.
- Hide Mac Dock: click on Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Dock -> check Automatically hide and show the Dock.
How do I turn off the dock on my Mac?
How to hide the Dock on the Mac
- Press ⌘ + Space on the keyboard. Type in System Preferences.
- Once open, click on Dock on the top row, and check the box Automatically hide and show the Dock.
- Now, the Dock will no longer be always present and will automatically hide when you’re not actively using it.
How do I make my Mac feel more like Windows?
New Key Assignment
- Open system preferences, then click on the keyboard. Within the keyboard tab, you will find an option called Modifier Keys; click on it.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the keyboard.
- Select ⌥ for the Command key.
- Select ⌘ for the option key.
- Press OK and exit the window.
Is there a Windows Explorer for Mac?
File Explorer is not available for Mac but there are plenty of alternatives that runs on macOS with similar functionality. The best Mac alternative is Double Commander, which is both free and Open Source.
Can you lock the Dock on a Mac?
For this, again, open the Apple menu and click System Preferences, then navigate to the Dock & Menu Bar section. Find the option called Position on screen and set it to either Left or Right. This will lock the Dock to one screen.
Where is my Dock on Mac?
By default, macOS puts the Dock at the bottom of the display. You may be used to that position, but you may want to switch it to another location. Open System Preferences, and then click the Dock & Menu Bar icon. You’ll see a number of settings, including one for Position on screen.
How do I make my Mac look professional?
7 Ways to Personalize Your Mac: Color Schemes, Icons, Sounds, and More
- Start With a Brand New Wallpaper.
- Set Up a Custom Color Scheme.
- Add Icons and Backgrounds With Personality.
- Revamp the Login Screen.
- Get a Better-Looking Dock.
- Give Individual Apps a Makeover.
- Add Custom Sounds to Mac.