Can I marry a Tunisian man?
In Tunisia, marriage may occur between Tunisian men and foreign women without any requirements. Foreign men and foreign women provided each party obtains from their respective embassies the documents required by the Tunisian authorities prior to marriage.
How many wives can a Tunisian man have?
368. According to the Salafi community in Tunisia (conservative), the verse and the Hadits above served as justification for the permissibility of polygamy in Islam. Polygamy for a man was allowed with a maximum limit of up to four wives.
Is adultery a crime in Tunisia?
Adultery is a crime punishable by law for both spouses 7. dinars. The prosecution takes place at the request of the other spouse who controls the entire process (He/ she can terminate the proceedings or the effect of the conviction).
Do Tunisians have arranged marriages?
Rather than being arranged, marriages are now agreements between the husband and wife. More women are graduating from university. Almost half of all university students are women. The birth of a child in Tunisia is an important time in the life of the Tunisian family.
What is the divorce rate in Tunisia?
A shocking 82% of couples file for divorce within their first year of marriage, before the honeymoon period has even had chance to fade. This places Tunisia as one of the worst divorce centres in the Arab world.
How do I divorce my Tunisian husband?
Divorce in Tunisia is a civil matter….Grounds For Divorce In Tunisia
- Divorce by mutual consent.
- At the request of one spouse citing a specific, recognised ground.
- As a result of the abuse or injury of one spouse by the other.
How do you say my love in Tunisia?
1. Habibi or Habibti. Habibi (to a male) and Habibti (to a female) means “my love” or in Arabic. It is the most common expression of love in the Arabic language said to friends, children, and even strangers.
How do you get Tunisian citizenship by marriage?
The wife of a Tunisian national upon marriage may acquire Tunisian nationality after a two-year residency, or immediately if she is or will become stateless because of the marriage; or. Persons who have performed exceptional service to the nation may naturalize without a residency period.
Is divorce legal in Tunisia?
Divorce in Tunisia is a civil matter. Islamic divorce or Talaq isn’t recognised.
Does Tunisia speak English?
The northernmost African country, Tunisia covers a land area of 165,000 square km….What Languages Are Spoken In Tunisia?
|Rank||Category Of Language||Language|
|2||National languages||Tunisian Arabic|
|3||Minority languages||Berber languages|
|4||Main foreign languages||French, English, Italian, Turkish|