How do I clean the pump on my Maytag washer?
Place a broad, flat container beneath the drain pump filter to collect the drain water. Release the black hose from the hose clip, remove the plug, and drain the hose into the container. Empty the container. Repeat this procedure if necessary until all the water has drained.
How do I clean the filter on my Maytag top load washer?
The quickest way to clean out your filter is to remove it from the unit and soak it in hot water, loosening any clog or trapped residue. If the filter cannot be removed, clean it out with brush. Some filters are disposable, so instead of cleaning them you can just throw them away and put a new one in place.
Why is my Maytag washer not draining or spinning?
If the washer won’t drain or spin, either something is stuck in the washing machine drain hose or pump, or the pump is broken.
How do you clean a Maytag drain pump filter?
The following steps detail how to clean Maytag washing machine filter in front-load models quickly and easily.
- Step 1: Open Drain Dispenser Drawer.
- Step 2: Drain the Pump Hose.
- Step 3: Take Out the Drain Pump Filter.
- Step 4: Remove Lint and Debris.
- Step 5: Replace the Drain Pump Filter.
- Step 6: Secure the Dispenser Drawer.
How do you troubleshoot a Maytag washer?
– Assess the load. – Determine whether the washer is plugged into the electrical outlet. – Remove any kinks from the drain hose. – Close the washer’s lid securely to add pressure to the lid switch. – Avoid overcrowding your load; an unbalanced, heavy load can contribute to excessive water fill that can leak.
How to balance a Maytag washer?
– Lift the front of the Maytag washer and place a piece of wood under the front lip of the washer. – Loosen the securing nuts on both front legs with an adjustable wrench. – Turn each leg clockwise until the top of the base is 1 inch from the bottom of the securing nut.
How to repair Maytag Neptune washer?
– Close the door firmly if the washer isn’t filling. – Check the plug to be sure the washer is plugged in. – Turn the control knob to select a cycle, and press “Start/Stop.” Open the hot and cold faucets completely. – Turn the water off and remove the hoses from the washer. – Check the plug to be sure the washer is plugged in.
How to replace timer on Maytag washer?
– Timer will not advance – Will not agitate – See more