How do I reset my 3560 password?
Cisco 3560-X Password Reset
- Unplug Cisco 3560-X power.
- Hold down “Mode” button on front, and plug in power.
- Continue to hold “Mode” for about 15 seconds, until the SYST LED turns solid green, then release.
- Log into the switch via console, you should see the “switch:” prompt.
- Enter the command flash_init.
How do I reset my Cisco switch password?
Catalyst 1200 and 5000
- You must be on the console.
- Reboot the device.
- When you see the password prompt, press Enter (null password for 30 seconds).
- Type Enable.
- When you see the password prompt press Enter (null password for 30 seconds).
- Change the password.
How do I reset my Cisco Catalyst 3560 to factory settings?
First you need to power down the switch. Once the switch is powered off, hold down the mode button, and power the switch on. The switch will boot up and you should see the switch prompt as shown below. flashfs: flashfs fsck took 11 seconds.
How do I configure a Cisco switch?
How to configure Cisco switch?
- Initial command prompt “Switch>” appears on the screen.
- Type “enable” next to it and press “Enter”.
- This will take you into the “EXEC” mode, also known as the Global Configuration mode.
- Go into configure mode using configure terminal.
- Enter the configuration commands one per line.
How do I reset my cisco switch to factory settings?
Hold the “mode” button on the front of the switch for 10 seconds. The lights will blink then go solid – the switch completely wipes all configuration and then reboots.
What is the default username and password for cisco switch?
Most routers and switches by Cisco have default passwords of admin or cisco, and default IP addresses of 192.168. 1.1 or 192.168. 1.254.
How to recover a lost password on a Cisco switch?
Type reset at the rommon 2> prompt.
How to reset Cisco Catalyst 3560 back to factory defaults?
– Catalyst 2940 – Catalyst 2950/2955 – Catalyst 2970 – Catalyst 3550 – Catalyst 3560 – Catalyst 3750 – Catalyst 2900XL/3500XL
How do you reset your Cisco password?
Look for the sticker with the username and password on the rear side of the router.
What is the default password for Cisco switches?
You can add up to 256 rules to a user role.