How do you give praise to students?
Fifty Ways to Praise Your Students
- You’ve got it right.
- That’s right.
- That’s good.
- You’re really working hard today.
- You are very good at that.
- That’s coming along nicely.
How do you respond to a group discussion?
- Model the behavior and attitudes you want group members to employ.
- Use encouraging body language and tone of voice, as well as words.
- Give positive feedback for joining the discussion.
- Be aware of people’s reactions and feelings, and try to respond appropriately.
- Ask open-ended questions.
- Control your own biases.
What is a thoughtful response?
A thoughtful response is a response that is “full of thought.” In other words, it clearly demonstrates that some careful thought went into to the writing of the response.
What is an academic response?
A response paper is a short essay which conveys the writer’s reaction to one or several texts that he or she has read. In the Conclusion, the argument (the ‘response’ to the texts that have been read) is summed up and some conclusion is offered.
How do you ask a professor for feedback on a paper?
Ask for feedback on a paper or exam you’ve already turned in. You simply need to email the professor and be polite. If the professor has office hours, you can visit those, or make an appointment. You can say, “Dear Professor Smith, I didn’t do as well on my exam as I expected.
How do you write a student response?
Responding to Student Writing
- Let students know what you’re going to be looking for.
- Consider building peer review into your class structure.
- Be timely with your feedback.
- Focus your feedback on the things that matter most to you.
- Focus on what’s not working in a piece and what is working.
- Include both marginal comments and a final summary comment.
How do you write a discussion reply?
How to Write a Strong Discussion Post [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Do your homework.
- Read prompts carefully.
- Wake up your classmates with a strong argument or perspective.
- Be relevant.
- Bring something unique to the post.
- Prepare your response in a text editor (like Word) before you post.
- Leave participants wanting more.
How do you ask for feedback samples?
Remember, here’s all there is to it:
- Nail the subject line.
- Open with a salutation.
- Tell people why you’re asking them for feedback.
- Let them know how you’ll use the feedback (and how it benefits them)
- Make sure they know how long it will take.
- Thank them and send them to your CTA.
How do you comment on student work?
I like how you’ve tackled this assignment. Appreciated I like the way you’re working. Astounding I like the way you’ve handled this. Awesome I like the way you settle down to work.