How do you make a dotted line in a table of contents?
Change the layout of your table of contents
- To add a dot leader, or dotted line, between each entry and its page number, click the Tab leader list and then click the dotted line.
- To change the overall appearance of your table of contents, click the Formats list, and then click the format that you want.
How do you reference an appendix in a dissertation?
It is important that you refer to each appendix at least once in the main body of your dissertation. This can be done by mentioning the appendix and its number either in parentheses or within the main part of a sentence. It is also possible to refer to a particular component of an appendix (such as a specific figure).
How do I reference an appendix in Word?
Insert an automated cross-reference to an appendix
- Place your cursor in the text where you want to insert the cross-reference.
- Go to the References tab > Captions group, then click Cross-reference.
- In the Reference type field, click the drop-down arrow and select Numbered item (first in the list).
How do you cite an appendix in a paper?
Your Own Appendix In the paper, after the sentence in which you are referencing your appendix, format the in-text citation as (See Appendix A). The letter should match the appropriate appendix label. Do not cite your own appendix on the reference page.
How do I add an appendix to a list in Word?
Word: Add a separate list of appendices
- Make sure you know the name of the style you use for the appendix headings.
- Go to the References tab > Captions group.
- Click Insert Table of Figures.
- On the Table of Figures dialog box, click Options.
- Select the style you use for the appendix headings from the styles list.
- Check the Style checkbox.
What is included in an appendix for a research paper?
Definition. An appendix contains supplementary material that is not an essential part of the text itself but which may be helpful in providing a more comprehensive understanding of the research problem or it is information that is too cumbersome to be included in the body of the paper.
How should appendices be laid out?
The heading should be “Appendix,” followed by a letter or number [e.g., “Appendix A” or “Appendix 1”], centered and written in bold. Appendices must be listed in the table of contents [if used]. The page number(s) of the appendix/appendices will continue on with the numbering from the last page of the text.
Where does appendix go in MLA Paper?
- The Appendix appears before the Works Cited list.
- If you have more than one appendix you would name the first appendix Appendix A, the second Appendix B, etc.
- The appendices should appear in the order that the information is mentioned in your essay.
- Each appendix begins on a new page.