How many slides do you need for a 7 minute presentation?
Some experts recommend 1 to 2 slides per minute, or 30 to 60 slides for an hour-long talk. That’s about the average count in corporate presentations—but most of them cram too much information on each slide. If you’ve broken your content down to one idea per slide, you may end up with more than 60 slides.
How many minutes does it take to say 700 words?
What are the rules of PowerPoint?
Simple rules for better PowerPoint presentations
- Don’t read your presentation straight from the slides.
- Follow the 5/5/5 rule.
- Don’t forget your audience.
- Choose readable colors and fonts.
- Don’t overload your presentation with animations.
- Use animations sparingly to enhance your presentation.
What are the rules to make a good PowerPoint presentation?
Don’t make your audience read the slides either. Keep text to a minimum (6-8 lines per slide, no more than 30 words per slide). The bullet points should be headlines, not news articles. Write in sentence fragments using key words, and keep your font size 24 or bigger.
How many words should a 10 minute presentation be?
The general rule for speech giving is 100 to 200 words per minute. With this in mind, a 10-minute speech would require 1,000 to 2,000 words.
How many words is a 1.5 minute speech?
The overview below provides an indication of the minutes for a speech (based on an average reading speed of 130 words per minute): Words in a 1 minute speech 130 words. Words in a 2 minute speech 260 words.
How long is a 8 minute speech?
1,000 to 1,200 words
How do you do a 7 minute presentation?
Here’s how to do it.
- Before you start: Prepare. The first step is to decide how you will make sure the talk fits into seven minutes.
- Minute one: Get their attention.
- Minute two: Summarize the topic or idea in exactly 60 seconds.
- Minute three through six: Give them the meat.
- Minute seven: Summarize it again.
What is the 7 by 7 rule in PowerPoint?
The 7×7 rule is simple: For every slide, use no more than seven lines of text — or seven bullet points — and no more than seven words per line.