What are analogous organs?
Analogous organs are the opposite of homologous organs, which have similar functions but different origins. An example of an analogous trait would be the wings of insects, bats and birds that evolved independently in each lineage separately after diverging from an ancestor without wings.
What is analogous thinking?
Analogous thinking is the process of looking for help with known issues by referring to and connecting with unfamiliar but potentially applicable areas and transferring and adapting learning from one to the other.
What is a analogous?
: similar or comparable to something else either in general or in some specific detail Timbre in music is analogous to color in painting.—
How do you use the word anathema in a sentence?
Anathema in a Sentence 🔉
- After the world learned of his heinous crimes, the dictator was considered an anathema.
- The epidemic which killed dozens of small children was an anathema to the residents of the town.
How do you use audacious in a sentence?
Audacious sentence example
- This was a second and a more audacious compromise.
- The plan was audacious , for the English in America outnumbered the French by twenty to one.
- Events seemed at first to favour this audacious speculation.
- His idea is equal parts ambitious and audacious .
How do you use the word analogous?
Analogous in a Sentence 🔉
- Because my teacher is analogous to my mother, I have accidentally called her, “mom.”
- We couldn’t decide between the two tiles because they were analogous to one another.
- All of my boyfriends have been analogous to each other because I only date men with red hair.
How do you use inflated in a sentence?
Inflate in a Sentence 🔉
- Before Julie could ride her bike to the beach, she had to inflate her flattened tire with air.
- We will inflate 20 balloons with helium so that they will be full and floating during the party.
Is audacious a positive word?
An audacious person could be reckless (negative) if their bold actions caused harm, or courageous (positive) if their bold actions saved the day – being reckless/courageous are not mutually exclusive things, most of the time they’re closely related. There’s a very popular (and expensive) lipstick line called Audacious.
What are the example of analogous color?
Analogous colors examples Yellow, yellow-green, green. Violet, red-violet, and red. Red, red-orange, orange. Blue, blue-violet, violet.
What does audacious mean in English?
1a : intrepidly daring : adventurous an audacious mountain climber. b : recklessly bold : rash an audacious maneuver.