What can I expect from a Microsoft phone interview?
Technical phone screen: If you pass the phone screening round, the recruiter will schedule a tech interview. This round is usually with a senior software developer at Microsoft, and you can expect questions on various technical topics such as stacks, queues, divide-and-conquer, etc.
What questions are asked during a phone interview?
Here are the most common telephone interview questions and answers:
- What Are Your Strengths?
- What Is Your Greatest Weakness?
- Why Should We Hire You?
- Why Did You Leave Your Last Job?
- Tell Me About Yourself.
- Why Do You Want to Work Here?
- Describe Your Current Job Responsibilities.
- What is Your Management Style?
How can I prepare for Microsoft interview?
Top interview tips for getting hired at Microsoft
- First you should apply. The best place to start is here.
- Do your due diligence.
- Know where you want to go.
- Work well with others.
- Showcase the qualities we’re looking for.
- Demonstrate your thinking.
- Be yourself.
- See the landscape.
What is the interview process like at Microsoft?
At Microsoft, there is no fixed interview process or format– it varies between product groups and teams. However, the most common process consists of 4-5 rounds focused on testing the analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills of the candidate.
Is Microsoft interview hard?
Microsoft coding interviews are really challenging. The questions are difficult, specific to Microsoft, and cover a wide range of topics. The good news is that the right preparation can make a big difference.
Is it hard to get a job at Microsoft?
Is It Hard to Get a Job at Microsoft? Microsoft gets millions of applications annually. With an applicant pool as vast as that, competition is tough. It also has one of the hardest job interview processes in the market.
How do you end a phone interview?
If you really want the job, end the call on a positive note. Say something to the effect of, “Thanks for the call. I like what I heard and from this information, I am confident I could fill the role. I am very interested in this job and would be pleased to meet you in person.
How do I prepare for a phone interview?
Preparing for a Phone Interview
- Confirm the Interview.
- Choose an Interview Space.
- Use Proper Phone Interview Etiquette.
- Polish Up Your Telephone Communication Skills.
- Send a Thank You Note.
- Phone Interview Questions about Your Background.
- Phone Interview Questions about the New Job and the Company.
How do you get selected in Microsoft?
Before your interview
- Do your research. Don’t stop at understanding the position you’re interviewing for.
- Know our core competencies. The interviews will include competency-based questions, as well as questions about your resume.
- Accelerate our culture.
- Envision your future.