What is documentation process?
A process document outlines the steps necessary to complete a task or process. It is an internal, ongoing documentation of the process while it is occurring—documentation cares more about the “how” of implementation than the “what” of process impact.
How do I format in Word 2013?
Open one word document, in the group of the “Menus” tab at the far left of the Ribbon of word 2007/2010/2013, you can view the “Format” menu and execute many commands from the drop-down menu of Format.
Why is documentation so important?
Documentation is essential to quality and process control There needs to be some level of cohesion so that you don’t look sloppy or uninformed. Documentation encourages knowledge sharing, which empowers your team to understand how processes work and what finished projects typically look like.
Can Microsoft Word summarize a document?
You can in fact get Microsoft Word to summaries thousand of words for you. To do this, click on the Office Button and select Word Options. Click on the Customize tab, select All Commands from the Drop Down Box of Choose commands from and find AutoSummary Tools in the list and then click on Add.
How do I create a summary page in Word?
Click where you want to insert the table of contents – usually near the beginning of a document. Click References > Table of Contents and then choose an Automatic Table of Contents style from the list.
How do I highlight text in Word 2013?
To highlight text:
- Select the text you want to highlight. Selecting text to highlight.
- From the Home tab, click the Text Highlight Color drop-down arrow. The Highlight Color menu appears. Choosing a highlight color.
- Select the desired highlight color. The selected text will then be highlighted in the document.
How do I change default settings in Word 2013?
Change the default layout
- Open the template or a document based on the template whose default settings you want to change.
- On the Format menu, click Document, and then click the Layout tab.
- Make any changes that you want, and then click Default.
What are the 3 automatic features of MS Word?
10 Supremely Useful Features in Microsoft Word
- Convert a List to a Table.
- Convert a Bulleted List to SmartArt.
- Create a Custom Tab.
- Quick Selection Methods.
- Add Placeholder Text.
- Changing Case.
- Quick Parts.
- Touch/ Mouse Mode in Word 2013.
How do you write a professional procedure?
Here are some good rules to follow:
- Write actions out in the order in which they happen.
- Avoid too many words.
- Use the active voice.
- Use lists and bullets.
- Don’t be too brief, or you may give up clarity.
- Explain your assumptions, and make sure your assumptions are valid.
- Use jargon and slang carefully.
Who is involved in process documentation?
Business process documentation involves three parties: The Internal team (aka project team) The stakeholders. The external parties.
What is process payment documentation?
This unit involves processing financial payment documents. Enter data to system: Data is entered into systems without error, data is allocated to correct systems and accounts, and related systems are updated.
Which helps to quickly format text?
Use the Paragraph dialog box (Alt+H, PG) to format paragraphs. You can set formatting for text alignment, indents, line spacing, line breaks, and paragraph breaks.
What does documentation mean?
1 : the act or an instance of furnishing or authenticating with documents. 2a : the provision of documents in substantiation also : documentary evidence. b(1) : the use of historical documents. (2) : conformity to historical or objective facts.
How do I automatically format a Word document?
Click the “File” tab and click “Options” to bring up Word Options dialog. From the left sidebar click the “Proofing” and then click the “AutoCorrect Options”. The AutoCorrect window will appear, from which AutoFormat options can be visible clearly at the left top. 1.