Where is the Firefox plugins directory?
Profile directory/plugins, where Profile directory is the directory of the current user profile. ~/. mozilla/plugins. /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (the 64-bit Firefox checks /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins as well).
How do I add preferences to Firefox?
To add a new preference, enter its name into the Search preference name box at the top of the about:config page. At the bottom of the search results (if any), there will be the option to create a new preference.
How do I allow plugins in Firefox?
To enable plugins
- Click the Firefox menu icon. in the upper right of the browser toolbar.
- Choose Add-ons.
- From the left navigation pane, choose Plugins.
- Choose Always Activate or Ask to Activate for each plugin, as needed.
How do I see plugins in Firefox?
Open Firefox. In Firefox, click Tools and click Add-ons. In the Add-ons window, you can view all installed add-ons, and customize them. To visit the add-ons page, click the Get Extensions link in the bottom-right corner.
Where is Firefox plugin directory Linux?
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (on non-Ubuntu 64-bit systems, /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins might be used instead) Plug-ins within toolkit bundles. [Profile directory]/plugins , where [Profile directory] is a user profile directory.
Where is Firefox folder in Ubuntu?
In Linux the main Firefox profile folder that stores personal data is in the hidden “~/. mozilla/firefox/” folder. The secondary location in “~/. cache/mozilla/firefox/” is used for the disk cache and isn’t important.
How do I change Firefox config file?
How to Customize Firefox With the Configuration Editor
- Access about:config Menu.
- Browse Configurations.
- Change Configuration Settings.
- Copy, Paste, Create, or Reset Settings.
- Load Bookmarks in a New Tab.
- Loads Searches in a New Tab.
- Dim the Page When Searching.
- Highlight All Search Words.
Where is about config in Mozilla Firefox?
Hi Vic, about:config is an internal address like about:preferences (the Options page) or about:support (the Troubleshooting Information page). You can type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter to load it. More info: Configuration Editor for Firefox.
How do I add Add-ons to Firefox toolbar?
How do I find and install add-ons?
- Firefox may offer personalized recommendations. Click the menu button. , click Add-ons and Themes. Add-ons and Themes. Add-ons and select Recommendations.
- To install a recommended add-on, click the blue + Install Theme or + Add to Firefox button, depending on the type of add-on.
How do I customize Firefox?
- Click the menu button , click Add-ons and Themes. Add-ons and select Recommendations or Themes.
- Scroll through the suggested themes or visit addons.mozilla.org to browse more themes.
- Click on the theme’s author to see more information about it.
- Click the + Install Theme button.
What are the options/Preferences panels in Firefox?
Learn about the risks of installing extensions from third-parties and how to assess the trustworthiness of the source. Options/Preferences panels give you access to Firefox settings. This article describes what types of settings are available in each panel. Does Firefox share my location with websites?
Where is the pre-installed Firefox plugin located?
I have now figured out that the pre-installed plugin is at Path: /home/greg/snap/firefox/common/.mozilla/firefox/2y2h61fv.default-1536533617725/gmp-gmpopenh264/1.7.1 This is where the .so file is. I am told that all plugins are put into the same folder but this one is buried in two separate folders (see above, after the last ‘firefox’.
What is the default directory for plugins in Firefox?
Profile directory/plugins, where Profile directory is the directory of the current user profile. ~/.mozilla/plugins. /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins (the 64-bit Firefox checks /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins as well).
How do I change the default settings in Firefox?
Firefox options, preferences and settings. Settings panels and what types of settings they contain. In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click Firefox and select Preferences. Click the menu button and select Options Preferences. Click the menu button and select Settings.